Crawlspace Mold / Fungi Growth are often unhealthy situation in the sub-area / Crawlspace. We can help by removing soiled insulation, debris, and damaged vapor barriers and restoring the crawlspace to a cleaner state. Though this can be expensive, it is a necessary part of living in a healthy home. 40% of the air you breathe in your home comes from your crawlspace and attic. They should be free of toxins.
Closing a crawl space includes sealing the vents, insulating the walls, creating a vapor barrier and conditioning the air in the crawl space. This creates a clean, conditioned space under the home and provides the following benefits:
- Improves air quality throughout the home
- Saves up to 18% in heating and cooling costs
- Reduces mold and wood decay on floor joists
- Reduces cupping of hardwood floors
- Creates warmer floors in the winter
- Reduces pest and termite pressure
Moisture Barrier / Vapor Barrier installation
EPA Mold Basics – Basic info on mold.
EPA Mold Prevention – Common sense actions on the general actions to take regarding mold.